For the first time ever, a student ensemble will be featured on the opening concert of the American Harp Society, Inc. National Conference. They will perform works in collaboration with world-class harpists Bridget Kibbey and Park Stickney, and also soprano Indra Thomas. The concert will be conducted by Joseph Young, conductor with the Atlanta Young Symphony Orchestra. Students aged 14 – 22 are invited to submit an application and recorded audition to be considered for the ensemble, due April 15.
- A recorded solo of your choice, up to 10 minutes in length
- A recording of the cadenza from The Nutcracker’s Waltz of the Flowers
- A completed application form (link below)
- Commitment to learn the required music thoroughly before June 29
- Participation in rehearsals throughout the day on June 29
- Concert Performance June 30, 8 p.m. at Emory University
- Note: Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own harps to Emory University. A limited number of harps may be available, by request, to students who are traveling a great distance.
We hope that many young harpists will take advantage of this opportunity to make history! It will surely be a rewarding experience for all involved, as students make new friends, are mentored by great artists, and perform for an enthusiastic audience of harpists!
Applications closed April 15th.